Here's how most brides and grooms run their receptions schedule:
- Receiving line/cocktail hour. (Usually the time when the wedding party photos are taken.)
- The wedding party is announced.
- The meal is served.
- The best man and others toast the bride and groom.
- The couple cuts the wedding cake and the groom's cake.
- The bride and groom have their first dance together.
- The father/daughter dance and mother/son dance follow the first dance.
- The bride tosses the bouquet.
- The groom tosses the garter.
- The couple changes into going-away clothes.
- The couple leaves the reception.
Now that the wedding's done, it's time to relax and enjoy your first days as husband wife. But, you'll need to make arrangements for that romantic getaway months before the wedding day. Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect honeymoon:
- Start discussing destinations as soon as you've set your wedding date. Research prospective honeymoon spots by checking out travel magazines and asking people who have traveled there. Make sure it's a spot that both of you will love!
- Work with a travel agent to save time and money. These professionals should not cost too much (they receive commissions paid from airlines, hotels and cruise lines), and they'll help you find great deals and special honeymoon packages.
- Find out a particular destination's peak seasons, these are times when prices are sky-high and the area is crowded.
- Budget your money according to your preferences. Some couples splurge on deluxe accommodations. Others spend on five-star restaurants. Leave a little extra cash for special surprises along the way.
- Make sure your papers are in order. For some locations you'll need to have your birth certificate, driver's license or passport.
- pack only the necessities. You'll want to leave some room for all those honeymoon souvenirs!
- Keep all your valuables and identification in your carry-on bag in case your luggage gets misplaced.
- When possible don't travel with cash. Avoid any hassles or inconveniences by using traveler's checks, it is the smartest way to travel!
- Don't keep your valuables in your hotel room. Ask to have your expensive items locked in the hotel safe.
- Don't over-plan your honeymoon. After the hectic pace of wedding planning, this is your time to unwind. Scheduling every moment of your honeymoon with tours and activities will make you even more exhausted when you come home.
With more than 1,500 full-service hotels at convenient locations worldwide, Holiday Inn hotels are the perfect place to enjoy the first days of your new life together. Don't forget to ask about honeymoon packages available at many Holiday Inn hotels.
Enjoy Your Special Day!